NGF TOP 100 BUSINESSES IN GOLF
Since beginning with one facility – Troon North in Scottsdale, Arizona – in 1990, Troon has evolved into the largest golf management company in the world, providing services at more than 465 locations, including the management of 510 18-hole equivalent golf courses.
With properties located in 45 states and 33 countries, Troon’s ever-growing family of brands includes:
- Troon Golf – responsible for operations of daily fee and resort facilities
- Honours Golf – a collection of daily fee and private clubs strategically located in the Southeast
- Troon Privé – specializing in operating individually owned and member-owned private clubs
- Troon International – management services for all club types beyond the Americas
- CaddieMaster – the world’s premier provider of caddie management services
- True Club Solutions – offering real world solutions through a menu of customizable advisory services
- Green Golf Partners – manage and lease Midwest-based daily fee and private clubs
- Cliff Drysdale Tennis – leader in tennis management for resorts and private clubs
- RealFood Consulting – specializing in building guest and members experiences within the food and beverage industry
- OB Sports – an industry leader in boutique-style club management solutions
Troon in 2019 acquired OB Sports, which was a member of the initial NGF Top 100 list in 2018 and itself is among the largest third-party management companies in the golf industry. OB Sports manages more than 70 golf courses and private clubs throughout the U.S. and internationally from the Bahamas to Scotland.
“Our alliance with OB Sports will support their continued growth, bring additional support and resources to bear and will combine expertise and capabilities for current and prospective clients,” Troon CEO Tim Schantz said.
Troon’s growing collection of brands are supported by more than 275 experienced corporate leaders based throughout 11 regional offices, with expertise in club operations, agronomy, food & beverage, membership sales & marketing, daily fee sales & marketing, human resources, procurement, finance & accounting, design & development, risk management, information technology, and legal & risk management.
With over 15,000 associates worldwide, Troon also manages various amenities such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. Troon’s expertise in hospitality and food & beverage services is utilized at leading resorts, hotels and single-family residential neighborhoods, as well as professional third-party management of home owners associations. Personalized concierge services are also offered at select properties to assist members and guests with personal arrangements and reservations.
Troon is the industry’s largest third-party manager of member-owned, equity clubs and the largest third-party golf management employer of PGA professionals and apprentices.
There are currently 67 Troon-affiliated properties featuring 87 golf courses on national and international “Top 100” rankings.
Troon-affiliated properties include Belfair in Bluffton, South Carolina; Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club in Wickenburg, Arizona; Yocha Dehe Golf Club in Brooks, California; Saadiyat Beach Golf Club in Abu Dhabi; and Buenaventura Golf Club in Panama.
It’s notable PGA TOUR venues include the Kapalua Resort (Maui), Silverado Resort and Spa (California) and PGA West (California) along with Tiburón Golf Club (Florida), venue for the LPGA’s CME Group Tour Championship.
“There’s no better time than now to be in the business,” said Troon founder and chairman Dana Garmany. “The third party management portion is growing significantly. There’s a ton of growth out there for everybody, which is a major change. We used to have to sell ourselves, but the concept alone is getting more accepted, so it makes our job a little easier.”
With more than 15,000 associates worldwide serving over 470 client clubs, Troon has the proven ability to help golf courses, clubs and resorts excel in a competitive industry.
Troon’s growth has been prolific, part of its commitment to providing best in class hospitality and club management services. In addition, Troon continues to equip itself with innovative brands beyond golf to even better support client needs.